JOSHUA LIM, ESQ.
Partner Litigation Labor Law
Joshua’s ability inside and outside the court has him recognized as one of the nation’s top attorney.
“Seoung Y. Lim is Recognized as a Noted Lawyer in the State of New Jersey”
firstname.lastname@example.org / 201.585.7400 Ext. 107
Education University of Minnesota Law School J.D. Dean's List
University of California at Berkeley B.A. Honors
Recognition & Affiliation Appointed by the Supreme Court of New Jersey to serve as a member of the committee on character
Charter Member of Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America (within top 1%)
New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Star (within top 2%)
New Jersey Monthly Top Young attorney
The National Trial Lawyers-Top 40 Under 40
Invited to be a member of Top 10 Wage and House trial lawyer by the National Trial Association
Invited to be a member of Top 10 Business Tort Litigation lawyer by the National Trial Association
Bar Admission New York
United States District Court of New Jersey
United States Third Circuit Court
United States Eastern District of New York
United States Southern District of New York
Speaking Engagements Speaker at seminars hosted by NJKACC on the topic of Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance in 2014 and 2015
Speaker at seminar hosted by NYKOCHAM on the topic of Title VII compliance in 2014
Speaker at CPA Association on the issue of Federal Wage and Hour Compliance in 2015
- Successfully represented a multi-million dollar garment company in a matter where several former employees during the course of their employment jointly stole and diverted the company’s trade secrets and proprietary confidential information in a scheme to establish a competing entity. The client obtained a six figure monetary compensation and, as part of settlement, the employees were required to publish their written apologies in a local newspaper regarding their wrongdoings.
- Successfully represented a minority shareholder in a shareholder dispute by obtaining a preliminary injunction against the majority shareholder. As part of settlement, the client -minority shareholder- took over the company without paying any money to the majority shareholder.
- Successfully represented a corporate client in its claim against its former employee who joined a competing entity in violation of their restrictive covenants by obtaining a preliminary injunction order against the employee and the competing entity.
- Successfully defended a corporate client who was initially exposed to over $400,000 in liability. As a result of aggressive defense, the client settled the matter by paying only less than 1/4 of the amount demanded.
- Successfully dismissed a six figure claim at trial by arguing that plaintiff failed to meet the legal standard of "piercing the corporate veil".
- Successfully defended an individual client in a matter where plaintiff demanded over $700,000 from client in compensation under the claim of negligence by dismissing the entire claim at trial.
- Successfully represented a shareholder in a corporation by obtaining a six figure verdict at trial under the claim of conversion.
- Appointed by the Superior Court of New Jersey to serve as a special fiscalagent twice in complex business litigations.
- Successfully represented several employees in federal district courts against corporations who were not paid for their overtime premiums and obtained monetary settlements.
- Successfully secured a $200,000 monetary judgment against a corporation and individuals for having defamed our client and its business under the theories of commercial defamation and civil conspiracy.
- Successfully litigated a matter where client's real estate property was falsely encumbered by major lending institutions by promptly obtaining court orders to remove all such liens from the property.
- Successfully prosecuted a copyright infringement case against a company by obtaining an order to shut down the company’s illegal operation for a period of time.
- Successfully defended a corporate client in a commercial foreclosure action by defeating the plaintiff’s motion to appoint a rent receiver. Thereafter, the parties settled under the terms that client demanded.
- Successfully represented a restaurant employee in New York federal court and secured a six figure settlement.
- Successfully represented an employee in his wage and hour claim against a national food company and obtained a six figure settlement.
- Successfully represented an employee in a sexual harassment case and secured a six figure settlement.